Start Streaming the HBO GO on Roku
It is true that when you activate HBO GO on Roku, you have a world of entertainment at your feet. The channel provides date-oriented news programming such as Real Time with Bill Maher, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver besides a range of comedies, original movies, TV shows and a lots more.
The ‘Featured’ section of the app is curated according to user interests. It comes with a powerful recommendation list that is pretty compelling.
Note: If you are using your phone to watch the app then a 5GHz network should be really helpful connected to a Gigabit Fiber Ethernet Connection.
Before we can actually get into activating HBO GO on the Roku player, here’s something you should know about the channel.
About HBO GO
- Get access to your favorite episodes and series right here on HBO GO. While the app seems fantastically compatible with the Roku player, it has also bestowed accessibility to all HBO enthusiasts on their mobiles and smartphones. So now, you can even watch your programming from HBO GO even when you are on the move.
- HBO had to provide an answer to the streaming TV revolution and thus HBO GO was born. For those who are HBO subscribers, you will automatically be able to stream HBO GO as well.
- An app is also being provided for all TV-friendly and internet-friendly devices such as the iPad, iPhone, tablet, Androids, etc. Yet, the only way you can subscribe to the channel is through a satellite provider.
- The channel is audience-specific and meant for those who want to watch an impressive bouquet of original programming. There are also sports and kids’ shows available that were initially aired on HBO.
How to Activate HBOGO.com on Roku?
- To get HBO GO on Roku, download it from under the ‘Streaming Channels’ section on to your Roku account
- From here you can use Roku’s powerful ‘Search’ feature
- Simply enter the name of the channel that you wish to download and a whole list of names similar to the alphabets that you entered will appear
- Invariably, if your channel selection is unique, then you will see HBO GO placed on top of the list
- Click on the app and then on ‘Add Channel’
- The channel should be featured on your Home page from here
- You can scroll back to the main page to see if your actions have been successful
Launching the HBOGO App
- When you launch the app for the first time, it will ask you for your credentials
- So, in order to use the service, you must either have a stand-alone HBO service or get the channel through your cable provider; for this too, you must have cable credentials
- Once you have verified your HBO Account, you will get into the HBO GO interface
- The primary thing that you will see here is the ‘Featured’ Programs list
- This contains a range of popular programming that you can start watching instantly
- Go to the ‘New Episodes’ area to watch all the current series and episodes that have been recently released by HBO
- You must also remember that the activation code is a very crucial part of the activate HBO GO on Roku process. The moment you open the app and click on ‘Activate Device’ a code will appear on the screen.
- Go to hbogo.com/activate to enter this code
- This should essentially be done on an internet-connected other than the Roku.