Roku Account Sign In Problems
Add or purchase channels from the Roku Channel store with the help of your Roku account sign in. Additionally, the account also helps you link your streaming devices thus enabling you to install and download any of the channels that you might have purchased or added.
In case you do not wish to use your device any more, you can even perform a factory reset before you stop using it completely.
You have to know your Roku account Email address to perform a password reset.
- Once you obtain the email address and the password just go to Roku’s password reset link roku.com/password/reset. You may have to do this on your smartphone or computer.
- If you are already in your Roku account sign in, then you will see the ‘My Account’ page instead of a ‘Forgot Password’ message.
- Go to the ‘Welcome’ menu and click on ‘Sign out’ to come out of the page
- Now, try resetting your password again at the above link
- To get a password recovery email, select the ‘Submit’ button
- You should see the mail in the Inbox, if not just check in the ‘Spam’ folder
- Ideally the link is valid for one hour, so go ahead and click on it and you will redirected to the ‘Create Password’ page
- Alternatively, paste the link into a new browser to execute the action
Email Address not Available
- If you have forgotten or misplaced your email address for your Roku device, then you first have to go to ‘Settings’
- For this you have to press the ‘Home’ button on Roku’s remote
- Thereafter, click on ‘System’ and then ‘About’ to check your email address
- You should be able to perform your Roku account sign in, now
Email Address Change
- At any point in time, you can change your email address and password for your Roku account.
- To do this, open a browser on your smartphone or computer and open Roku’s page
- Sign in to your account and go to the ‘Account Information’ tab
- Here, click on ‘Update’ and once you have made the required alterations, just click on the ‘Save Changes’ option
- When you do not wish to utilize your Roku device, you can actually go to your Roku account sign in and perform an ‘unlink’ activity.
- This does not mean you are closing your Roku account, nor does it mean you are cancelling any subscriptions that you have already paid for
- The only action here is removing the device from your account and maybe placing another one into it
- As long as it is compatible, all your purchases and subscriptions will be seen on the new device
Unlinking the Device from the Account
- To complete the device unlinking go to your account from Roku’s home page opened on a separate smartphone or computer
- Perform the Roku account sign in action
- Then in the ‘My Account’ page you must go to the ‘My linked devices’ option
- From here choose ‘Unlink’ and then confirm your choice
Closing your Account
- You can also close your Roku account sign in if you no longer need it.
- Open the Roku home page from another device and at the ‘My Account’ page you will see all your devices that are linked
- Perform a ‘Factory Reset’ at the ‘My linked devices’ for any of the devices that you see there
- You must also cancel your subscription if you are closing your account
- So, go to ‘Manage your subscriptions’ and cancel anything that is active
- For this just click on ‘Star’ or ‘*’ -> Streaming Channels -> Select the channels that you wish to cancel -> OK
- Then click Manage Subscriptions -> Cancel Subscriptions
- Now, at the My Account Page click on ‘Deactivate Account’